Dental College of Azamgarh
BACHELORS OF DENTAL SURGERY
The field of Dentistry has come a long way since its prehistoric era and has bloomed into one of the fastest growing and researched sciences in the field of medicine. With esthetic and beauty coming to the forefront of the new cultural era this field has gained enormous importance as a medical field. As the population of the country is becoming more literate by the day the importance of dental care and cosmetics is now seeing the light of dawn.
BDS(BACHELORS OF DENTAL SURGERY) is a four year course followed by 1 year of rotatory internship period .
In the expand of 4 years students are exposed to various aspects of what being a dentist would actually feel like and then accompanied by the one year compulsory internship, which basically allows one to practically implement everything one learns in the duration of the 4 years prior to this phase, allowing one to come out as an extremely efficient and skilled dentists.
Duration & Syllabus
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is a four-year course followed by 1 year of the rotatory internship period, mandatory for obtaining the Degree and Registration.
Is through State Government Counseling conducted by DGME at https://upneet.gov.in
Subjects to be covered:
- 1st Year – Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Dental Anatomy & Dental histology.
- 2nd Year – Pharmacology, General Pathology, General Microbiology, Preclinical Conservative & Preclinic Prosthodontics
- 3rd Year – General Medicine, General Surgery, Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- 4th Year – Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery, Periodontics, Endodontics,Pedontics, Prosthodontics & Orthodontics
- With the Dental Council Of India with the idea of bridge of course between MBBS & BDS, new opportunities are on the horizon for budding dentists.
MASTERS OF DENTAL
MASTERS OF DENTAL SURGERY is a 3 year masters programme .A candidate must have a degree of bds recognized by the dci.They must have qualified the NEET PG exam.
In the modern era of dental sciences, there has been a rapid demand of specialists to perform various cases where a graduate would have certain shortcomings and hence going for masters in your chosen branch might be a favorable decision for you professionally and statistically.
- General qualification bds from a recognized dental college.
- The candidate must have qualified the neet mds exam.
There are a total of around 11 seats for the mds courses,throughout different departments and specializations.
Duration & Syllabus
MASTERS OF DENTAL SURGERY is a 3 year masters programme .
- Oral Medicine & Radiology